look what i made for my eel :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firebapx

Aquarium Advice Regular
looks like its sitting on the gravel but thats cus the camera flash took away the shadow. its half buried under the gravel and sits against the glass so i can see in. the top stops all light coming in from above so the eel can enjoy the dark. my femaile siamese fighting fish seems fond of it when the eels out i might make her one to what do you guys think ?
also i know my glass needs a clean lol

Attachments

• SAM_0376.jpg
    SAM_0376.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 103
buddy this is the easiest thing in the world. my ells still young so i used a top of a spray can. i cleaned it very well with boiling water. cut a small section out of the side so it would lie flat and then cut a hald circle out of the top just over half way.
clear away some of the gravel and put it down into it and pour the gravel back round the sides make sure the half circle you cut out before sits above the gravel line so he can move in and out. when he gets bigger im going to make him one from a large plant pot

plant pot would do the same job or for really big ones a section of pipe used for guttering just seal up one end to stop gravel getting in

Yeah that would work. For a more natural look I think I may be able to make a cave from my driftwood!

That's a great idea!

thank you its nice to be able to see him during the day the top part makes a shadow so its dark in there for him but i can still see him. it looks bright cus of the camera flash. my femail siamese fighting fish loves it to suprisingly iv seen the two of them share

Back
Top Bottom