Looking at a JBJ Trinity T5HO for my 75G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertDweller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am slowly but surely putting together my 75G reef and have a question about lighting in regards to corals.

Im looking at
JBJ Trinity T5HO Light Fixture

How limited will I be in regards to the different type of coral I can keep as well as maybe an anemone? Obviously its not a high end ballast but does anyone have one and mind giving their experience on how it performs?

I like being able to operate blues and whites independently as well as LEDs for moonlight. Also the individual reflectors.

I was looking at the same fixture recently but ended up going with a fishneedit light. It also is 4 bulb and has separate cords for the blues and whites with individually contoured reflectors. Much cheaper too. lol

With either fixture I think you might be ok with corals as long as they are placed in the rock according to their lighting needs. Now an anemone is another story. I don't think I would put one under either 4 bulb fixture just to be safe. I also wouldnt consider one until the tank has been setup for about 6 months at least. They require pristine water and stable parameters. I had one when I first started my tank but returned him because I wasnt sure if i was setup properly for him PLUS my clowns didnt host it and I was alwasy worried about it eating a fish. :-O

I was looking at the same fixture recently but ended up going with a fishneedit light. It also is 4 bulb and has separate cords for the blues and whites with individually contoured reflectors. Much cheaper too. lol

With either fixture I think you might be ok with corals as long as they are placed in the rock according to their lighting needs. Now an anemone is another story. I don't think I would put one under either 4 bulb fixture just to be safe. I also wouldnt consider one until the tank has been setup for about 6 months at least. They require pristine water and stable parameters. I had one when I first started my tank but returned him because I wasnt sure if i was setup properly for him PLUS my clowns didnt host it and I was alwasy worried about it eating a fish. :-O

Absolutely. I was going to keep it FOWLR for about 6 months until the tank is well established. I just dont want to spend money on a light now only to find out I will need to upgrade once the tank is established when I am ready to put the corals and nem in.
Thanks for the heads up on the fishneedit. I'll check into it

Back
Top Bottom