Looking for some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ane

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I have a 75gallon tank. Currently my tank has:
8" Kissing Gourami
3" Orange Gourami
3 - Turquise Rainbows
2 - Silver Dollars
5" "Earth Mover" I forget the actual name.
2" Bushy nosed Pleco
Red Pacu - I think this was from a friend and it looks like one but wasn't purchased by myself.

I'm looking to add to this mixture but am truly at a loss. I've looked at some different types of fish and I just can't seem to decide which ones would fit well with my group. Of the group the two gouramis are always together as are the rainbows. The silver dollars have begun schooling with the Pacu. They all seem to get along very well. I've decided I want to add a Pleco to the mix that will get a tad larger my current one I've had for two years and I can't even see a difference in size. I've read about a "rubber mouthed" pleco, but does anyone know of other plecos that only get to be between 8-10"? I'd also like to pick up some more schooling fish I love watching the rainbows and the silver dollar / pacu swim around together. Any ideas on a good mix?

If you're not stuffing that tank now, it'll be stuffed when those fish grow. Kissing gouramis can reach 12", silver dollars 8"+ in diameter, and the pacu can grow to 24"+. Get rid of the pacu as soon as possible. I'd think about rehoming the kissing gourami also.

If you rehome the pacu and gourami, you could add a few more rainbows or another couple silver dollars. I'd stay away from any plecos that get 8"-10". Plecos are messy fish and place a huge bioload on the tank. Rubberlip plecos get about 4".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom