Looking to order black sand or eco complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's wondering which would be better for my plants I like sand cause it packs but I never seen Eco complete is it more like gravel?

And where can I find it online that will ship to Canada ?

Eco-Complete does look more like gravel, yes. But, it does come pre-washed, so it saves a lot of time cleaning it. It is a plant-specific substrate. What I did was put Eco-Complete in the tank first, and then put fine gravel on top of it.

I would think Amazon might ship it, or even Petco. IDK, never tried online shipping :hide:

In time ecocomplete breaks down to more of a sand like texture but i've never tried to move it so I don't know for sure. You might want to try somwhere like big als, i think they are in canada.

jetajockey said:
In time ecocomplete breaks down to more of a sand like texture but i've never tried to move it so I don't know for sure. You might want to try somwhere like big als, i think they are in canada.

Big Al's won't ship it the Canada site is for businesses not private sale which sucks and I can't find it on amazon.ca

Look for coal slag blasting compound. I've got it in my 40B and my 5g RCS tank. $8 for 50lb is hard to beat.

I have Eco-complete and flourite in different tanks and I can say hands down I have the best results by far with the flourite

You can get black flourite. I prefer floramax over eco complete. Granted, I've never use eco complete, but its the same material. Floramax is just sold dry, so a 20lb bag of floramax is a lot more than a 20lb bag of eco complete. You can get it in the finer size like most eco comoplete is sold in, or you can get it in a bigger grain.

mfdrookie516 said:
You can get black flourite. I prefer floramax over eco complete. Granted, I've never use eco complete, but its the same material. Floramax is just sold dry, so a 20lb bag of floramax is a lot more than a 20lb bag of eco complete. You can get it in the finer size like most eco comoplete is sold in, or you can get it in a bigger grain.

Awesome thanks rook I will have a look for it time for some online shopping lol

Back
Top Bottom