looks like velvet or saprolegniasis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gotfins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had this ongoing problem for weeks. Lost one Trigonostigma espei in the begining and have a second one that's been hanging on and I had hoped for a recovery, but it's not looking as good today. I have been researching multiple times and ways trying to identify exactly what's wrong. Narrowed it down to velevt or saprolegniasis. I have a planted tank with inverts, so I'm treatment limited. Originally I used em erythromycin. That didn't work. Next I tried ich-x, nothing. I've also attempted with general cure and fungus cure. With the exception of the erythromycin, all the others were used "successfully" by others posting on forums. I have raised the temps to 85 and have been doing 50% water changes once a week. I'm on well water and the house has a softening system. I'm trying to treat the tank as opposed to tearing up the scaping in order to net the fish for treatment in another tank (Although I will as a last resort). I bought a small uv sterilizer that I will use tomorrow and thinking I will go back to the ich-x and just keep treating until it's gone. Are there any issues running uv and medicating at the same time? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom