lost cleaner shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
ive had a cleaner shrimp for about 4 months now and i came home yesterday and realized it was no where to be found, its a 45 gallon tank and theirs really not many areas that i cant see and i cant find this thing at all and i figured if it was eaten i would atleast see bits and pieces but nothing and i also checked the floor around the tank still nothing. my question is do i have to panic and really rip my tank apart to look for this thing or will it be ok if it actually died the fish and the hermit crabs will get to him and it wont foul my tank up. ive been checking the params periodically since hes gone missing and everythings still perfect should i worry?

Keep an eye on parameters for a few more days but I think you'll be OK. I had mine go missing once and never found any bits of him anywhere.

yea its so weird, hes in the same spot everyday and just one day no more lol, and he was a pretty big shrimp you would think id atleast find some body parts or something but absolutley no trace what so ever

yep he turned up but was missing some antennas i think my baby clown trigger nipped him and spooked him and she went into hiding for a few days

Back
Top Bottom