Lost my first fish :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight I found my albino pleco dead in my tank
:( I only bought him yesterday. This is the first fish I have lost since I started the hobby nearly 4 months ago. My tank has been cycled and is still giving cycled readings every week for the last couple months. Tonight I even added a larger filter, one for 30-60g. Did a water change earlier today and my nitrates are 5, possibly 10 at the absolute highest. All my other fish are doing fine and acting normal. I've called my LFS where I got him (and all my other fish) hoping they will replace him. They were closed so I left a message, just really hoping they give me another one. I really liked him a lot :(

Sorry to hear that. Was probably just bad stock. How big is the tank? Did you use the media from the old filter in the new one to seed it or is the new filter in addition to?

rotorhead22 said:
Sorry to hear that. Was probably just bad stock. How big is the tank? Did you use the media from the old filter in the new one to seed it or is the new filter in addition to?

It's a 30 gallon, and Yes I did. I transferred all media from my old filter in the new one as well as the new media, since this filter was double the size I was able to fit it all.

Update: LFS exchanged him for another albino. He acclimated for 3 hours, released him into the tank a little while ago. I can tell a huge difference in this pleco than my other one, this one is much more lively, noticed that as soon as I got him in the tank. Hoping he does good!

Back
Top Bottom