Lost my gbr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had a pair of gbr and the female just died out of nowhere should I worry about aggression from my male....also should I get him another mate

Sorry to hear about that.

I had the same problem, and I decided to wait a couple weeks and my male didn't make it either (I put him to sleep last night). My water parameters were all fine, so I am starting to agree with those that say GBRs die really easily.

I had no aggression issues from the male, I don't think it will be a problem.

I will probably get a pair of Bolivians, once I know it isn't my tank.

I would wait. I wouldn't be surprised if the male dies too. I've tried 4 GBR's and haven't been able to keep any alive long term. Maybe you got your hands on better stock than I did and will have better luck. For the couple weeks my male did last after the female died, he didn't show any aggression.

I had the same problem with my rams and I had several generations from different home breeders, they just die randomly. I sold quite a few of them but I got very frustrated because people had random deaths with them as well, so it's not a fish that I'd wish on anyone.

Back
Top Bottom