Low light plants, 0.7w

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about a small doses of Seachem Excel and Giant Vallisneria? Can I do that without damaging my Vallisneria?

My final list of plants:

Hygrophila polysperma
Giant Vallisneria
Java Moss
Windelov's fern
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Cryptocoryne wendtii Tropica
Moss ball
Anubias nano
Amazon Sword
Rotala indica
Brazilian Pennywort
Egeria densa
African Water Fern
Eleocharis parvulu
Willisii's Cryp

How about a small doses of Seachem Excel and Giant Vallisneria? Can I do that without damaging my Vallisneria?

Some people have been successful slowly acclimating them to liquid carbon. I'd start with 1/4 of the normal dose daily, then if there is no melting in 2-3 weeks up your daily dose to 1/2 the normal dose. Again wait 2-3 weeks to see if the plants react negatively. You can continue to up your dose to full strength as long as the plants don't start melting. I had Corkscrew Vals in my 220g tank for over a year using a very high dosage of liquid carbon daily and they did fine. Just go very slow and watch the plants closely.

There is any benefit of using CO2 for low light tank?
Fluval CO2 20 - Mini Pressurized CO2 Kit is designet for for up to 15 gallon tank, can I use it with a 29g low light tank?
Or better to buy something like Fluval CO2 88? Or Nutrafin Plant-Gro CO2 Natural System?

There is any benefit of using CO2 for low light tank? Fluval CO2 20 - Mini Pressurized CO2 Kit is designet for for up to 15 gallon tank, can I use it with a 29g low light tank? Or better to buy something like Fluval CO2 88? Or Nutrafin Plant-Gro CO2 Natural System?
From what I learned before setting up my CO2 system, no. Adding CO2 will only benefit plants with a requisite increase in other nutrients and light to maintain a balance. CO2 won't hurt, per se. But it probably won't help, either.

As to the Fluval system, I had a CO2 88 for a brief period and it works pretty well. For a beginner system, it really is pretty decent. Having said that, you can setup a full-sized CO2 system with a 2-stage regulator and tank for not much more money to start. I picked up an Aquatek Premium regulator, a used (but certified) 5 lb CO2 tank, a refill for the tank, and the necessary tubing, diffuser, etc. for about $150. Considering that the Fluval 88g cartridges run about $10 each and you'll likely use them up at a rate of around 1 or more per month, you may be better off going all the way at the outset.

Thanks

Is there is no benefits, there is no need to CO2.

There is any benefit of using CO2 for low light tank?
Fluval CO2 20 - Mini Pressurized CO2 Kit is designet for for up to 15 gallon tank, can I use it with a 29g low light tank?
Or better to buy something like Fluval CO2 88? Or Nutrafin Plant-Gro CO2 Natural System?

IMO you don't need actual pressurized CO2 in a low light setup. But I have found using liquid carbon in a low light set up really does help. I've been able to successfully grow some plants that required more than low light when using liquid carbon in my low light tanks.

Can I put root tabs under my Amazon Sword and Crypts? Or better to wait some weeks?

Can I add Florish Comp and Leaf Zone right now or better to wait too?

Thanks

Can I put root tabs under my Amazon Sword and Crypts? Or better to wait some weeks?

Thanks
I can't answer as to liquid ferts, but my Amazon Swords and Crypts seemed to do just fine with Seachem plant tabs under low light.

Thanks

Add the root tabs now and begin using your ferts.

Hygrophila polysperma is growing like a weed.

Yes but, 6-7 inches (2-3 weeks) in the very low light tank...

Back
Top Bottom