LR coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here's the deal. I have 40lbs. Keys rock for LR.Com coming this week.
I have to have it shipped to my work. I am going to put the LR in cooler with heated water and PH upon delivery(I have AC/DC converter) in my truck. When I get home, should I move it to main tank or keep in Rubbermaid for a few days? I have 140lbs in 6 mo. old 95 gal now. I will monitor tank and perform water changes the minute I see any spike.
I want everything on the rock in main tank. Mantis and all. I want diversity. I can always add more hermits and snails if they become dinner. I plan on keeping the mantis well fed, and to see if what Zack says is true, that mantis being much better behaved than their reputation perceives them to be.

Yes I will post pics. of LR when it arrives.

I'm supposed to be getting some tomorrow. 10lbs. Keys rock. Does anyone know when my tracking# will show up on the DHL website?

should I move it to main tank or keep in Rubbermaid for a few days
See what condition the rock is in when you get it. Generally, LR.com rock does not need to be cured. With the exsisting LR you already have, I doubt you see an ammonia spike. Be ready to do a water change just in case.

Be ready to do a water change just in case
Always have 15-20 gal SW at anytime. ya never know.

Kinda figured the rock would be OK for the main.

X-Mas in February, gotta like it :D
Made a SW.com order today as well!!!!!!!!

agree as well, they pack it up really well so you should have no trouble adding it to the main right away.

Jim

shipment

Im expecting 40#Key Rock tomorrow!BDAWG check DHL now mine just came through,Ive been checking all day.

LR.com made it

First of all, all my kudos I have and will ever earn to Mike and LR.com crew. As advertised the best customer service and product available. Mike even gave me his cell number if I has questions or problems. I put the LR in a cooler w/PH in my truck until I can get home. Upon unpacking, and another inspection at lunch, I found the following hitchikers. I took some pictures upon opening, but need to wait to upload to PC at home.
(2) conchs
(6) Red leg hermits
(1) 2 inch mantis (and yes I'm keeping him)
(6) asst. crabs
(3) limpets
(1) 1 inch red serpent
(1) 2 inch striped serpent
(2) purple urchins

Back
Top Bottom