Macro Micro Nutrient Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyris69

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought the Macro Micro Nutrient Mix 1 lb contains 1 equal part each of Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Plantex CSM+B
from aquariumfertilizer.com and ive been reading that you can just does it once a week.

Basically is it safe to dose it all at once or is it better to do daily since its not always easy for me to find time to do it on a daily schedule.

Has anyone else used this or can tell me your thoughts and results? This is for a lighter planted 40b. I just started baby tears so they have not carpeted anything yet. I also just have some lower light plants, large java fern, and some swords.

I also use DIY co2 at about 1.5 bubble per second.

Lighting is ~120watts

IMO dosing everyday will be easier on the tank, I have no scientific back up it just makes more since to me.
I too had a hard time remembering to consistently dose so I built some auto dosers. They work very well, there is a build thread for them just search for "DIY auto doser".

Thanks for the reply. I can completely understand how gradual ferting is easier than a massive shock at once. Just after reading some mentioned to dose once a week but the instructions say daily. I'm going to take a look at that auto doser.

Back
Top Bottom