Major Tank Issues 20H Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshotty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a 20h nano running for 3 1/2 months now and everything seemed to be doing ok, until i noticed my PH was a little on the low side 7.7 so i thought i would dose Kent Marine Pro Buffer dkH daily at 5ml a day after the light had come one, i was also at the time dosing Purple up not realizing i didnt need to with the Kent buffer, so i decieded to stop i havent had a chance to get my water tested for Alk or Cal yet and do not have the proper test for those, i did call a semi-local fish store and gave this info to someone over the phone and basically said i was way over dosing and was causing a ph shock to my corals because there are all closed and not opening, some various Zoa colonies some xenia, a colt coral and some mushrooms and kenya tree, all have reacted poorly in the last few days. so i did a 25% WC two days ago and another 25% today but havent noticed much improvement, i plan on haveing the water tested tomorrow at the latest if i cant get out there today, my question to everyone is does it sound like im on the right track.

Base line Stats
SG-1.024
Temp-80.1
Ammonia-0
Nitrates-10ppm
Nitrites-0ppm

I also started to mix my own saltwater useing instant ocean salt mix, letting it mix overnight with the same temp as Display tank and i was using pre-mixed saltwater from another lfs before hand, but didnt seem to notice and difference until the daily dosing began.

You are on the right track by doing PWC`s. This will get your parameters close to where they need to be. Test your PH right before the lights go out and let us know where it is.

Do yourself a favor and get a test kit. An inexpensive API kit would do the trick. Please don't add anything to your tank unless you can test for it.
PWC is the way to go.

^ I agree. Less is more. I don't dose a thing other than feeding phyto.

Back
Top Bottom