Majorsick's 75G SW Journey...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So thoughts on using a reef keeper controller? Do you think using 3 750 power heads would work?

A mag 9 may be a little much for the over flow how big (dia) is the drain a 1 in pipe flows around 650 gph The power heads will give you good flow but i'd go with two 1050's or a mix of one 1050 and one 750 Im running a 750 in my 20L and it's not as much as it seems[/QUOTE

Would using a mag 9 be detrimental to my system? I found a really good deal for one on CL.

The mag 9 wont hurt you may need to run a valve on the output so it dont run the return area dry. Or you could T off it and run a reactor with the extra horse power.
Reef keeper is nice lets you cut down on timers and is a nice fail-safe for the heater. Power heads why use 3 if 1 can do the job JMO

So do I have to match the skimmer pump to the return pump? Meaning do I need a mag 9 on both?

No the skimmer pump just sets flow through the skimmer To high and it's just filtering clean water

Back
Top Bottom