Makes me question overstocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I was always worried of overstocking my tank but I was over at a friends house and he has a 33 gallon had the same fish for 4-5 years without illness
1 angel
1 farlowella
10 cardinals
10 glowlight tetra
10 glowlight danio
Is this even within reason and how has it been successful iam confused

Filter Filter Filter... My cousin is the same way, never had a problem in his 75gal even though i say he is overstocked but he has 2 fluval 305's and a large eheim as well(not sure model) water change every 2 to 3 weeks. I always tell him its too much but he never looses any fish... (i wouldn't do it)

I do not think that is all that overstocked. They are mostly small, low bioload fish. To many for my tastes but not all that bad.

IMO, yes it is a bit overstocked or right at the edge. However, it sounds like you could pull it off, mainly because of how small the tetras are. Plus I guess maintaining a clean tank is always a factor with it as well.

Yeah it blew me away it looks amazing and he said he never cleans alge docent even own a scrubber just a gravel vac+pwc every 2 weeks and his filter is rated for 55 gallons I believe

Now he wants to sell his angel for a small schoal of electric green glo fish he seen on some tropical wholesaler site I had no info for him has anyone else heard of them?

Back
Top Bottom