male guppy acting funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterashley

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought a milk up yesterday at added him to my tank of mollies and platies. All day today he has been harassing my Mickey Mouse Platys. He won't stop following the male around what should I do? I can tell that the male platy is getting very upset about this....

Not milk up... male guppy

Auto edit is wonderful!
Sounds like everybody is trying to figure out their place in the hierarchy. Watch it for a few days. It should settle down but if it doesn't, you may want to re-home/return the bully fish. It does take a few days for them to acclimate to the tank and to each other.

How's everybody else? Is your shark doing well? Exciting seeing everybody move around the tank and to see the personalities come out!

He's actually doing very well ...the shark...henainly stays to himself and eats off of the decorations. The other tank mates dont seem o mind that he is there.. vice versa...

I will leave him for a few days to see how he does butt if it doesnt stop im going to try isolation for a day or two.. and if that doesnt help i will need to return him

He's actually doing very well ...the shark...henainly stays to himself and eats off of the decorations. The other tank mates dont seem o mind that he is there.. vice versa...

I will leave him for a few days to see how he does butt if it doesnt stop im going to try isolation for a day or two.. and if that doesnt help i will need to return him

Glad to hear everything is going well! Yeah, give it a few days and see what happens. Fish have their own rules and even in community tanks there's the testing and hierarchy. Some people say when you isolate a fish, change some of the decor around before you put it back in the community tank as that may help with the territorial/hierarchy stuff. But, again, they are all just so individual so it's hard to know what'll happen when you add somebody new. Fish keeping should be enjoyable and not stressful so, yeah, deal with the issues that come up, but enjoy your tanks, your fish, and all the work you put into it. Best to you.

Back
Top Bottom