Male or female GBR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eizengajac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two GBRs, the first is almost certainly female, due to definitively rounded fins and a blazing pink belly when colored up. She doesn't have much spangling on her black spot, but I'm told that is not much of an indicator any more. I don't have any pictures of her.

The behavior of the rams would lead me to believe that the other is a male. They swim together in the tank, and when I first added this one (two days after the female, though they were originally in Petsmart together) the female reacted very positively and seemed to be displaying for him. However, he also seems to have rounded fins, though his are a bit more pointy that the female's. Also, when fully colored he displays some pink on his belly as well, though it is not very evident in this photo as he was not fully colored in this photo.

screen capture software

So what do you think? Any chance I found a mated pair at Petsmart? And if they are two females, any chance they will coexist peacefully in a 55 Gallon community? So far, they are getting on great, but I've had them only a few days.

Back
Top Bottom