Marble Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henningc

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had about 12 Marble Crayfish for about 6 months and zero had berried up. Recently, like the last four days, 4 of them have berried up. The water and temp are all the same so the only thing I can think of is that we have had a lot of recent storms. I have read extensively and kept Clarkii and through research and experience have never heard of a connection between weather and berrying. If you have some information do tell.

I have two each in outside pools and suspect they are berried as they are in hiding.

Thanks

How big were they when you got them? Mine took about 8 months from when I got her to berry, she was maybe an inch long when I got her. Since then she has berried three times (first time was in January) with about a month between releasing babies and berrying again. No real correlation with weather that I've noticed. She berries, hides, releases the young, and maybe a week later she usually moults then a couple weeks later she is berried again. She let her young loose maybe a week ago, so I am expecting a moult soon and babies in a few weeks. Like clockwork.

Haha, I said I was expecting a molt soon - and I flipped on the light today to discover she had molted.

Well mine all should be old enough 6-8 months. It was just really odd that they all just seemed to berry up on que. I appreciate the shout out.

Back
Top Bottom