Marineland bio-wheel 350 filter won't run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zparticle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a used tank tonight with a Marineland bio-wheel 350 filter which I'm fairly sure was functional. I can't seem to get the thing going. I did give a heck of a cleaning and there is no on/off switch. I'm wondering if the cleaning may have shorted something out or if there is a trick to getting these thins running.

I hear no noise when plugged in. I did fill it with water. ... LOL I just went to make sure I had the intake pushed all the way in. Apparently it just needed me to step away because it is now running.

Thanks Everyone. Will give rep points.

zparticle said:
I hear no noise when plugged in. I did fill it with water. ... LOL I just went to make sure I had the intake pushed all the way in. Apparently it just needed me to step away because it is now running.

Thanks Everyone. Will give rep points.

Yeah, those filters sometimes take a little while to start up

your welcome i had a filter do that to me i spent an hour trying to figure out whats wrong i step away and it springs to life

If you have that problem again, try taking the filter apart and re-seating the impeller.

Back
Top Bottom