marineland led single strip for 10g planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
Lady at the store told me that the Marineland single strip led lighting bar would be sufficient for my tank, but then I read online (after I already bought it) that it isn't recommended for planted tanks?
I have bronze wendtii, amazon sword, moneywort, water wisteria, anacharis and a marimo moss ball, my substrate is sand. I'm using Seachem Flourish. Anyone ever tried this light before?

This product:

Attachments

• 524764.jpg
    524764.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 139
  • e45c5_Aquarium_Lights_311sRCe3ZrL.jpg
    e45c5_Aquarium_Lights_311sRCe3ZrL.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 82
Well .. On my 75gal I have two of the marineland 17inch LED's and one 36 inch single bright LED for a few months ... And my low light plants are still alive and growing.

I'll admit, It is a bit of a wonder since my lighting would barely qualify as low light levels ... But my baby A. sword has doubled in height in the last few months. If you have the right plants with enough light ... It'll work.

In a 10gal an 18-24 inch single bright LED should be enough for low light plants. I recommend adding Java fern and Anubias.

Okay thanks :) I was thinking it should be okay since it's only a 10g and I'm not going all high tech or anything, just wanna make it look pretty and natural and to be nice for my betta :) I will look into adding those plants, I was also thinking of some of these plants they have at my lfs, I forget what they're called...tiny floating things, kinda make me think of floating clovers, maybe they're called baby tears or something?

I just looked it up and baby tears is more of a moderate high light plant ... Maybe skip that one. Anarcharis you can let float.

First time I've heard of them ... Look like lily pads. Don't know much about them, but I say give a small batch a try.

aqua_chem said:
Unless you can get it super cheap, a T8 will outperform it.

Yeah I already got it lol, it was $20 off so I got it before researching it lol

Back
Top Bottom