Marineland unknown heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this heater when I bought my Marineland bio wheel 29 kit and I want to know what people think of it and if I should replace it. I want to know if anyone has had any problems with these heaters and if they last long. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389995407.832572.jpg

Looks like it will be ok. Just watch your thermometer. I will say it never hurts to have two heaters. They only have to work half as hard and they will last longer that way. Plus if one dies, your fish won't die because the other will pick up the slack until you figure it out :).

I Went to my aquarium store and got the Marineland visi-therm 150. It shows you the temperature and is less hot to the touch. The other heater was 200 watts and my pleco burned himself when he went under it. I would rate this heater 8 out of 10. Should I have gotten a 200 watt or is the 150 watt ok? The guy at the aquarium store said I did not need more then 150 watts but my kit came with a 200 watt heater. My tank is a 29 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom