Maroon clown and lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been to my lfs today and they were trying to talk me into a maroon clown and said if I got a full grown one it would be fine with a volitan lionfish. I severely have my doubts but thought as my fiancée really wants a clown I'd ask if anyone has experience or opinions on this? Or if not a maroon if there are any larger clowns that would be ok?

The way predatory fish work like your lion is if it can fit it in its mouth it is going to be dinner unless it has natural defenses like rabbit fish or a soap fish for instance....

If its a big clown and you don't think by its size that it can fit in the lions mouth then it should be ok. But they can open their mouths pretty big so you need to be sure.

Yeah it will be fine at the moment but Im not really sure how big the mouth will get?

A full grown 7" maroon would probably be ok but I doubt they're selling you a full grown maroon.

It's full grown or pretty close to it, either way it's bigger than my lion ATM

Yes I have a 7 inch lion an a clown in my tank with a blue hippo an a six line wrasse in my tank an everything is fine my hippo is about 2 inches an wrasse is about inch an a half an same with damsel but my tank is also 250 gal tank.. Just make sure u feed the lion fish first then feed clowns an keep them separate when feeding an have an anemone for the clown as it is shelter for them an lion won't go near..

Back
Top Bottom