Maroon clown with two true percu;a clownfish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
looking for someone whose ever attempted this in a large tank i have a 180G and right now i have 2 true percs 5 chromis 1 pajama cardinal 1 jawfish 1 yellow watchmen and 1 yellow tang and i saw this huge maroon clown at the pet store yesterday would he harass my clownfish how about my other fish?

Maroon clowns are very aggressive towards other clowns. I have a big maroon and I recently put in a small maroon so they can pair up and she was harassing the baby for such a long time, until I turned off the lights, which calmed them down. If you do want to do this, make sure you have lots of hiding places and that you stay to monitor their behavior.

75g. I also put in a snowflake clown once. If I would've left them alone, it would been dead. Thank god I was there with a net.

Maroons are known to be nasty, I wouldnt attempt it, even in your big tank. My oscellaris took maybe 20 seconds to find my b&w's in my 125g and the harassment began. Had to remove one pair.

what i may do is trade in the clownfish and get the maroon cause i really what that fish lol

this one is huge im talking atleast 6" ive literally been siting here all weekend tryng to see how i can make it work with all 3 lol but your all probably right everywhere ive been reading says he will harass any clown that is in the tank

My maroons are 5" and a small baby at about 1". They are not buddies but it was scary watching the big one dart at the small one from across the tank. But who knows, maybe they might get along. If you got them used to each other beforehand it might work.

Back
Top Bottom