Matt's 700 Gallon Natural Sunlight System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everybody. The fish have always come first, sometimes to the detriment of the corals (LOL). The thing is, you need to come to a happy medium, which in this tank is somewhat difficult but I am slowly getting there.

This is simply amazing. Each fish looks incredibly healthy and the combination of fish is stunning. Great tank!

I am not worthy.

Nice tank! I went as big as I could in the space I had... I have tank envy :D
Think you could put a pic of your sump on here?

Wow my friend... You really are living the dream over there. May I ask the question everyone is thinking... How much does it cost to get something of that magnitude up and going?

I read something along these lines once for tank budgets over 500g.

Take the most costly estimate, double it and you are halfway there...then just one more thing...always one more thing.

excellent tank and the fish are some of the best looking fish i have ever seen.

with using the solar tubes for natural sunlight is it still really necessary to have the other light fixtures?

Wow my friend... You really are living the dream over there. May I ask the question everyone is thinking... How much does it cost to get something of that magnitude up and going?

I don't mind telling you how much it costs but due to exchange rates and the general high cost of aquaria here in Australia it would be quite ridiculous due to having such a low market compared to the US. For what I have spent on the setup I could probably have a tank 4 times the size over there :bawl: Unfortunately this is true.

excellent tank and the fish are some of the best looking fish i have ever seen.

with using the solar tubes for natural sunlight is it still really necessary to have the other light fixtures?

Thanks, I always get told that my fish are some of the healthiest specimens people have seen, gives me great pride. It is still necessary for the T5's as generally I only get good sunlight for about 3-4 months of the year.

How do you do water changes on that beast?

I have a water change outlet on the back of the tank, one turn of a double union ball valve and it drops 500L. Will take some pics for you today as I am just about to do some "maintenance"

Will also get a pic of the sump for the other person who asked.

so how many AUD's did you spend on this set up.

1 US Dollar = 1.09820 Australian Dollar
1 Australian Dollar (AUD) = 0.91058 US Dollar (USD)

and i am super envious at your tank

how much reinforcing did you have to do to the floor. or is this sitting on a concrete floor? i mean thats close to 5800 pounds i mean 3 tons is alot lol.

Back
Top Bottom