Mattyfelts New 20 Long Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello friends! It's official, I have gotten a 20 long.

Plan is to keep the same light (two par38 lights) and I will be buying an additional two powerheads. So I will have 2x fluval CP-1 powerheads and a fluval CP-2. For stock I'll have my yellow clown goby and I'm looking for maybe another fish? Anyways, come join me on this ride!

Tonight I plan to paint the back black, tomorrow I will be going to get some supplies (a couple new powerheads, maybe a new filter and heater) Also going to look for a couple architect style lamp to hold my par38s. Hopefully I'll make the transfer soon!

HELLO PEOPLE!

Next weekend is the big weekend i think. I'm going to make the move. I need to put one support under the standish thing, then i can start mixing 10-15 gallons of salt water. i plan on moving all/ most of the existing rock and corals over. however during the move i plan on superglueing all the vermetid snails shut :dance: hopefully it works. I used a coarse sand but my plan is to have the cp-1 powerhead pointing or laying very close to the sand. the coarse sand wont fly around and the powerhead can keep it clean of detritus. I am hopeing to get some birdnest, monti caps and maybe a green slimer in this tank edventually.

I'm not sure on stock right now... I was thinking two pink skunk clowns but im thinking thats to much. this tank is gonna be sweet people. plan on doing at least the majority of everything right this time.

heres a current shot of the tank, as you can see the architect lighting is going to look nice, the dry rock in there is base rock and shouldnt leach anything. the sand is really coarse but as explained i have a couple tricks to keep it clean as well as watching it carefully. i plan on makeing the right side a tower of euphies and the left a couple hills or rics and zoas, with some sps maybe on a rock shelf? not to sure.

I am definitely following this! Have no idea about saltwater, but whatever!!

Nils

well i plan on picking up a couple buckets and start mixing. going to add a support to the table its one and have to pick up one more powerhead. Should be all good!

Gotta new powerhead for this tank, soon to fill ! woo
img_3171780_0_c4deaec968943923533e71f5c51730bf.jpg

its done, i transferred and set everything up.. lights off but heres some pics

i didnt make enough water, but ill fix that soon!

Those lights seem pretty solid! Looking good man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

got this ... chalice? today. pretty rad, one solid green eye and a few growing on the side. anyone know if I should remove it from the plug or naw?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks good Matty, got anything special planned for that nice open sandbed? And ya, that looks like a chalice to me

Looks good Matty, got anything special planned for that nice open sandbed? And ya, that looks like a chalice to me

scolys, lots of plates, acans maybe. Gonna get an RFA forsure and the right back rock (the white base rock) will be a euphie mountain

Low to moderate light and flow I believe, they're a little on the slow growing side too.

yeah ive heard they are slow, hopefully itll grow over the plug, plan on mouting it on the back ish area.. leaving sand for some more plates and such.

yeah ive heard they are slow, hopefully itll grow over the plug, plan on mouting it on the back ish area.. leaving sand for some more plates and such.

Just be sure to give it some space, I've seen some chalices send out crazy long sweepers

Just be sure to give it some space, I've seen some chalices send out crazy long sweepers

yeah back corner has nothing right now, right now its the only chalice i plan on having in the tank. otherwise might do some euphies and a encrusting monti ;) but gotta find a sexy one at a good price! oh and an rfa but god knows when ill get that thing

updates.... chalice is chillin. oh and i got a two headed frogspawn and some sps (first one) so pray for me. heres some pics. OH almost forgot, on the frog came a tiny brittle star so woo!

also, whats everyones opinions on mini carpet nems, i can get one for free but want to know if you guys think thats cool in a 20 long or naw

Back
Top Bottom