Meet my new molly VIXEN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I was surprised with a new Black Molly girl... I named her VIXEN! :)
She's still acclimating but swimming around and curious, though a little scared...
She's just about 2", so much smaller than my others... I'm so excited!
Will post pics once she settles in a bit :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Can't wait to see a picture!

:-D
She's not jet black in all places... She's grayish or lighter black around some places.... Wonder if it was stress at the store and her color will get darker as she relaxes...

Sounds great! Despite all the color variations that exist in mollies, I am still a big fan of the black ones. They are so lovely and sort of look more elegant IMO. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Sounds great! Despite all the color variations that exist in mollies, I am still a big fan of the black ones. They are so lovely and sort of look more elegant IMO. :)

Yes I agree! She looks sleek and velvety... Lean and like a LADY :)
She's been swimming around and not just hiding out in the corner as she was earlier...
She's 1/3 the size and thickness of my adult mollies.
When are they considered not Juvie's anymore? When they reach full size?

Lol, the ones I breed I call "babies" for all their lives. The ones I buy I consider full grown once they reach about 2 inches, but thats just my arbitrary definition. I don't know the technical way of doing it. :)

Little Vixen has really taken to Cruella, my Dalmatian. She is about 1/3 the length of her and less than 1/2 as thick... She flits around following her and if Cruella comes to the glass Vixen will usually be directly under her almost touching her moving with her.. Looks like a baby dolphin :)

Big victory tonight when I had my hand cupped in the water, Vixen watched Cruella come over and sit in my hand briefly, rubbing her body against my fingers... Vixen looked at Cruella, looked up at me, then went up confidently nibbling on my fingers and swimming thru my cupped hand. :) I'm falling for her...
She's showing personality and learning to trust me like the others do.

Aww she's bonding with a "Mumma" fish.
I love when my fish come and play with my hand, my sailfin is extremely playful.

Do you have a photo of Vixen?

cheeky_monkey said:
Aww she's bonding with a "Mumma" fish.
I love when my fish come and play with my hand, my sailfin is extremely playful.

Do you have a photo of Vixen?

Funny Cruella must be the surrogate mama in the tank... My little then 10 wk old Molly "angel" was put in there ( only one I chose to keep from my first batch... Her mom died 3 days after birth due to Heater malfunction ) she would stay close by Cruella always...
Cruella is alpha of the tank and no one around her gets picked on... She gives chase a few times a day to others to remind them who's boss, but hasn't ever chased a Juvie... She chases adults and Juvie's flock to her... Haha ... "c'mon little one... Come with me..."

I have to go in and post pic of Vixen online... My app is refusing.. :)

ocminpin said:
Today I was surprised with a new Black Molly girl... I named her VIXEN! :)
She's still acclimating but swimming around and curious, though a little scared...
She's just about 2", so much smaller than my others... I'm so excited!
Will post pics once she settles in a bit :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

I thought I was the only one who named my fish :D

cheeky_monkey said:
Oh no, definitely not! All of ours have names too. Ok except the fry but I can't tell them apart yet haha

Haha I can't tell my fry apart ether so many!! More to come though :) waiting for pics too!

cheeky_monkey said:
Oh no, definitely not! All of ours have names too. Ok except the fry but I can't tell them apart yet haha

My lone saved fry from a batch that all others got eaten I named UNO

absolutangel04 said:
Agh! I hope everything is ok. Is she going to drop fry?

Well I just put my hand in and she came over immediately to nibble on my fingers...
She's got a very TINY baby bump... I've had her since Dec 24... She's same size as Angel, my Dal juvie..
I've been excited for the day she drops...
Hmm her top fin is still UP... good sign

Back
Top Bottom