Mega cloudy tank - black sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

Set up my tank the other day with Tetra plant substrate and black sand (which i rinsed many times until it was clear in the bucket) but the water is just mega cloudy, i can physically see the white hazy cloud moving round the tank - sort of like when you have the hot tap not quite on enough as its a milky white colour, and its left a sling over the glass.

Is this normal or is something abnormal?

I have drained it to around 1/3 now and will refill it tomorrow but i dont know what to do if it doesnt go away? As i cant exactly just remove the sand :(

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Andy

Yes, i have 2cm depth of plant substrate with 2cm+ of sand, as instructed on the tub of the plant substrate and on the advice of others on here :)

Its a Juwel Lido so am using the standard filter setup in that.

Pandy said:
Yes, i have 2cm depth of plant substrate with 2cm+ of sand, as instructed on the tub of the plant substrate and on the advice of others on here :)

Its a Juwel Lido so am using the standard filter setup in that.

You need something to cover the intake so ur impellers not destroyed by the fine sand

give it some time as boadams87 stated, i set up a 75 gallon with sand it it took over 4 days to clear up fully, and pwc wont hurt if they seem to help at all

Back
Top Bottom