melafix and testing advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barakis

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys

just started a dose of melafix on my tank (just bought some new guppy, more of a precaution). I did, however, forget to test my water before i added, as today is when i do everything.

does melafix affect the test kit in anyway? (false reading etc) or can i go ahead and test my water as normal?

:thanks::thanks:

Isn't melafix an antibiotic? I wonder if that would have an adverse effect on your bio filtration. I mention this only out of curiosity.

Isn't melafix an antibiotic? I wonder if that would have an adverse effect on your bio filtration. I mention this only out of curiosity.

i have read a LOT of research on it, and aparently it doesn't affect the bio, it's natural, and it definately causes "buble bath" affect at the surface , very annoying lol. the one thing i can't yet find out is wether it affects the test liquids.

however, if anyone out their knows diferent to what i said above, please comment, this is the first time i've used meds, i was recomended this by my lfs.

christine2012 said:
Melafix is an antibacterial, doesn't affect bb :)

Barakis said:
i have read a LOT of research on it, and aparently it doesn't affect the bio, it's natural, and it definately causes "buble bath" affect at the surface , very annoying lol. the one thing i can't yet find out is wether it affects the test liquids.

however, if anyone out their knows diferent to what i said above, please comment, this is the first time i've used meds, i was recomended this by my lfs.

I have used melafix for years. I"ve always had stable water test results throughout. I currently use the API freshwater master kit and found same steady results using Nuttrafin

Darklight said:
I have used melafix for years. I"ve always had stable water test results throughout. I currently use the API freshwater master kit and found same steady results using Nuttrafin

Sorry sent before finishes lol. I mean my parameters didn"t suffer in using either.

Back
Top Bottom