Melafix killed my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennifer37

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was treating my dalmatian molly for mouth fungus.I started the treatment on 2/10.The lady at the pet storetold me it would not harm the other fish in the tank.Did the second treatment and my black mollies died about 30 mins after putting the melafix.I was very upset the female black molly was due at anytime to have her fry and my girls had been waiting to see them.I did a 50%water change to save the other fish.They are acting fine now.

Sorry for your loss. I have never heard of melafix killing fish. I have used it many many times with great success.

No the lady at petco told me that I did not need to do a water change for 7 days when I was finished medicating.I did do a 50% water change today after my black mollies died and the other fish seem to be ok.I will not use that stuff again.That was heart breaking.

Also I do have a guppy that has been hanging around the bottom of my tank for the last couple of days I moved her to a hospital tank so the other fish would not pick on her.She doesn't have any spots on her her fins look good.But she does look kind of bloated.Do you recommend a treatment for that.I think it might be dropsy.

Maybe it was a coincidence? I've used melafix in the past too, and it worked fine.

I don't know the fish were fine until I put that second dose in today and within 30 mins she died.I really think that it was the melafix.

Back
Top Bottom