Micro slugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler D

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed copepods in my aquarium a while back and figured out they are harmless and are actually good indicators for many things. But recently I noticed these other things on the glass. The only way I can describe them is they look like super tiny slugs. They just slide around the glass changing direction frequently. Please diagnose.

There is no way I'm getting a picture of these.

Haven't added anything new in probably 2 months. Unless they could have come from my tap water or their eggs can lay dormant for periods of time I think they would have to be a form of insect larvae. But you may be right. Do they start that small?

Haven't added anything new in probably 2 months. Unless they could have come from my tap water or their eggs can lay dormant for periods of time I think they would have to be a form of insect larvae. But you may be right. Do they start that small?

They may have arrived with plants or with the copepods and laid dormant in the gravel. Planaria can be small at first (half a rice grain maybe) but do get up to 1/2-3/4".

They may have arrived with plants or with the copepods and laid dormant in the gravel. Planaria can be small at first (half a rice grain maybe) but do get up to 1/2-3/4".

They are maybe 1/4 a grain of rice in length. Not even close in girth. And that's at Mac. Probably less

Also the copepods just appeared. The plants have even in there for months.

Back
Top Bottom