Miidas Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. Been over on the reef side for while, but I broke down one of my reef tanks and turned it into a freshwater. After dedicating a good majority of my life to keep reef tanks, I need to back up and have something easier. So what I have here is a 50g sea clear acrylic tank with a 40g acrylic sump. The display tank is drilled with 2 one inch overflows and a 3/4 inch return. Powering the sump is a rio3100. I have a plethora of filter socks. So I'll keep them in use and ended up buying a crap ton of bio balls. I ordered a creamsicle Midas from monster fish keepers, show quality. Just need to get my lighting in the mail and it will be complete for a while.

Never had a freshwater tank running a sump, but I am excited to see the benefits of doing so and getting away from the fluvals and Rena's. I feel like customization is at its peak here! I am utilizing my LEDs of my reef lights, but will be using a dedicated LED fixture as soon as it comes in. Based on the pending success of using a sump, I will be buying a 300g tank and a 100g sump. I live right outside f California's largest fish distributors and have been using this to my advantage with finding the rare and mundane. And prices have been great here while avoiding heaving shipping cost.

Attachments

• image-1601446098.jpg
    image-1601446098.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3675420821.jpg
    image-3675420821.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom