Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwesomesHome

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have seen in some forums and Youtube videos of people talking about how to use miracle grow in a planted fish tank for fertilizer.

One person talked about mixing it and putting it with a syringe down into the dirt or gravel.

The other person said they put it on a doser.

I want to use it on a doser. How would I find out how much to mix in lets say
a old coca-cola bottle. I am using measuring spoons for the Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant food and I can measure the amount of water for mixing with it in the coke bottle by using mls.

So lets say I now have a mixed solution in the coca-cola bottle how to I find out how much of the plant food needs to go in my fish tank each day. I wan't to dose using mls.

I have a aqua lifter pump that I will be using that will come on a certain amount of time each day to dose the mls needed of the solution each day.

I have a video that tells me how to get that correct for the aqua lifter.

So what I need to know is how to find how much miracle grow needs to be dose mls for each gallon of water per day in my plant aquarium.

How much is the amount of plants using each day and how much will need to be added each day.

How do I find this out for a plant fish tank?

That question I can not answer. But I wonder how much nitrogen (urea is ammonia from urine) is in the fertilizer? What percent? That is not good for your tank, unless it is heavily planted you are adding a toxic substance...

Use the search function here and see what might pop up, I know there have been threads on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom