Missing angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartosbartos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys as some of you would know one of my angels died last week during the move to a new location due to bad water quality and stress im guessing. But the thing now is im just wondering whether i should replace the angel because now there is only one. What do you guys think ?

Single angel will do fine.....IMO you don't need to add another, your tank won't be big enough as soon as they become adult's size.

I would stick with just the one They enjoy being solo, they like being the uncontested king of the castle.

yeah he doesnt seem to mind to much that his friend is missing just cruising around doing his usual thing lol

i would just stick with one...but even then the tank is very overstocked....what sort of filtration are you running? also how tall is the tank...im my experience 90L isn't optimal for keeping any amount of angelfish, unless its a tall tank.

I have to agree with jetajockey & patola l. Your tank is waaaay to small for the fish you have now. Let alone adding anything else.
How often and how large a PWC are you doing? What are your water parameters, before and after? And last but not least, what size are each of your fish?

i would just stick with one...but even then the tank is very overstocked....what sort of filtration are you running? also how tall is the tank...im my experience 90L isn't optimal for keeping any amount of angelfish, unless its a tall tank.

Its a Aqua One 620 im not exactly sure of the dimensions

I have to agree with jetajockey & patola l. Your tank is waaaay to small for the fish you have now. Let alone adding anything else.
How often and how large a PWC are you doing? What are your water parameters, before and after? And last but not least, what size are each of your fish?

Hello at the moment i do about a 40% water change usually every week.
Ammonia is sitting around .50ppm or close to because the tap water has 1.0 ppm - .50 ppm in it straight out of the tap. I use prime to combat the ammonia and after a while it drops back down close to 0 ppm.
Nitrates are between 0 - 5
Nitrites are 0.00 ppm
Ph is 6.8 ppm
and the only difference in the new and old water is the tank water is lower in ammonia and higher in nitrates then the tap water.
My 10 gold barbs are between 2 - 3 cms and probably one is atleast 4cm
my 2 gouramis are around 6 - 7 cms
my bristlenose catfish is now around 5 or 6 cms
I rehomed my clown loaches today

Back
Top Bottom