Missing dwarf lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EVMIII

Aquarium Advice Regular
I added a dwarf lion to my 125 about 4 weeks ago and after the second day I haven't seen him since. I added some ghost shrimp and guppies for the first week (all disappeared). I have searched the tank with a flashlight several times after the lights went out with no sign of him. No carcass or remnents seen, but no fish (I checked all the usual places around the tank, the overflow boxes, sump as well) I was convinced he was dead, trapped under the rocks and the clean up crew would handle him. Three weeks later a pepermint shrimp, unknown number of crabs/snails and now two blue chromis are missing. Once again, no signs. Water quality has remained stable and all other fish and corals are going strong. My conclusion, the little rascal is still alive. I plan to start feeding again, but how do I draw him out to begin weening him to frozen food? Rockscape is pretty well set so I can't root him out, looking for ideas to draw him out. Any help will be appreciated. Bud

The only idea I have is to target feed. Put a ghost shrimp on the end of a planting tool and move it around. Hopefully that will draw him out. May take a bit. It's worth a try. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom