missing Kuhli loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I had a loach I picked up about two months ago and he's been missing since pretty much put him in there. I had seen him twice since I put him in there. Ive moved everything, looked around the tank, and he is nowhere to be found at all. I have two green spotted puffers and a royal pleco in there at the time that i had him in there and I know the puffers didnt eat him, they swim around like theyre both in their own world in there. The pleco didnt eat him so how can he just disappear?

I've read they can escape. Check the filter and around your stand. Hopefully he just swam into the filter box.

He's nowhere. I have a canister filter so he couldn't get into that, he's not on the floor, he's not anywhere I can find him.

When I only had a few, this happened to me a lot. They were always beneath something, like the substrate or a piece of decor.

Check your readings. If he's died somewhere in the tank, you'll know.

What is your exact stock and what size tank?

I have a canister filter and had two kuhli loaches get inside thru the intake. I found them almost starved inside the sponge and the frame for the sponge. I didnt think they could fit thru the intake cover but they did. So i zip tied some fabric screening over the intake.

Back
Top Bottom