Mlani's Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crap!! Now that's a TANK! I have to follow that thread saltwater sharks hmm.. *comes back to reality* ;) (edit* apparently the thread is too old to respond to) I'm really curious as to how his set up is doing now.
24 is warm for us here too. You forget I live in Canada lol! Today is supposed to get to 19 and I'm thinking that's warm lol! You know some people only collect albino species you might want to reconsider your decision of becoming a lobster lol! I hear the transition can be quite painful for humans. ;) I hope you're not burnt too badly? Aloe helps and vitamin e oil if its really bad.
We're heading out this weekend for a lacrosse tournament. I'm just debating trying my hands at stripping mama bumble before I leave or chancing coming back to her having spit the fry and eaten them. This fish I tell you has taught me more lessons than I like lol!

Holy crap!! Now that's a TANK! I have to follow that thread saltwater sharks hmm.. *comes back to reality* ;) (edit* apparently the thread is too old to respond to) I'm really curious as to how his set up is doing now.
24 is warm for us here too. You forget I live in Canada lol! Today is supposed to get to 19 and I'm thinking that's warm lol! You know some people only collect albino species you might want to reconsider your decision of becoming a lobster lol! I hear the transition can be quite painful for humans. ;) I hope you're not burnt too badly? Aloe helps and vitamin e oil if its really bad.
We're heading out this weekend for a lacrosse tournament. I'm just debating trying my hands at stripping mama bumble before I leave or chancing coming back to her having spit the fry and eaten them. This fish I tell you has taught me more lessons than I like lol!
Yeah it's a hell of a tank. Imagine that full of Discus or Cichlids!!!. He talks about an even bigger tank he's getting. Maybe check his profile/posts, he might have info on the bigger one??.
I thought Canada has cold winters and warm/hotish(?) summers. Our summers are completely unpredictable. Warm/hot one day, cold/raining the next!!!. I'm not burnt really, just red....haha.
What is a lacrosse tournament??. I'd be torn on whether to strip her also. I can't answer that one for you i'm afraid. That's your decision...haha..........

It's been a bit since I've been in..

I let mama bumble spit on her own. She had a really small batch this time around and sadly none of them made it this time. Lost the entire litter. I think she spit prematurely if that's even possible?? They were smaller than her first ones and could barely swim. From this point on if she is holding again I'm going to just leave her in the big tank and let nature run its course. I haven't been able to find anyone to take her other babies because they're "hybrids" (except people who want to use them as feeders) They're growing so fast I may have to look for another tank. So hubby is really impressed right now.(sarcasm)
Not much else going on fish wise.
Lacrosse is like hockey but its with nets instead of sticks and at my sons level it's more physical than hockey. They're allowed to hit in lacrosse right now where as in hockey it's a no no at his level. You should try to google or you tube some videos of it. I actually have really enjoyed this season.

Having read through this thread I wanted to say how impressed I am at how positive you are after everything that's happened :) sorry for you losses, I hope everything is okay now.

Thank you fishies, I've learned through many life experiences (not only with my fish) that if you maintain a glimpse of positivity within yourself during any challenge that life (or hobby) may throw at you then the outcome is a little bit better. I don't know if its because you're focusing on finding the good in the outcome or if it effects the actions of the process which makes it a little easier to handle. I'm sure there's many people before me to contemplate that one lol!
Either way I'd love to come in here and post how awesome my tanks have been however I have suffered another loss in my 80 gal. This time I lost a glass catfish and sadly one of my discus. The white discus lost his/her battle with what looked like bloat to me and the pea trick (I may have been too late with treatment) didn't work this time. The glass catfish was just plain greed that got him. He died because he was choking on a shrimp pellet that was too big for his mouth. It got lodged in there and when I tried to get it out I was too late.
The 65's filter quit on me had to take it apart and clean every crevice including blowing out the hoses. Which thankfully fixed what ever the issue was with it. Mama bumble hasn't had any more batches. Thankfully. Cause I was running out of tanks lol!
The babies are getting really big and they're looking really cool. They have white stripes instead of black right now. Ill try to get some pics later.
My sons tank is going strong his angels are getting huge actually all of his fish are. He's gotten himself a bit of a snail issue right now. Nothing we haven't handled before lol!
Those of you who know me know that I live in Alberta and yes we were hit with all that flooding. Yes we're still effected and I apologize for being MIA for a while here. Still trying to adjust around here. Hope all is well with everyone's tanks I'll try to get online sooner than last time :)

Thank you fishies, I've learned through many life experiences (not only with my fish) that if you maintain a glimpse of positivity within yourself during any challenge that life (or hobby) may throw at you then the outcome is a little bit better. I don't know if its because you're focusing on finding the good in the outcome or if it effects the actions of the process which makes it a little easier to handle. I'm sure there's many people before me to contemplate that one lol!
Either way I'd love to come in here and post how awesome my tanks have been however I have suffered another loss in my 80 gal. This time I lost a glass catfish and sadly one of my discus. The white discus lost his/her battle with what looked like bloat to me and the pea trick (I may have been too late with treatment) didn't work this time. The glass catfish was just plain greed that got him. He died because he was choking on a shrimp pellet that was too big for his mouth. It got lodged in there and when I tried to get it out I was too late.
The 65's filter quit on me had to take it apart and clean every crevice including blowing out the hoses. Which thankfully fixed what ever the issue was with it. Mama bumble hasn't had any more batches. Thankfully. Cause I was running out of tanks lol!
The babies are getting really big and they're looking really cool. They have white stripes instead of black right now. Ill try to get some pics later.
My sons tank is going strong his angels are getting huge actually all of his fish are. He's gotten himself a bit of a snail issue right now. Nothing we haven't handled before lol!
Those of you who know me know that I live in Alberta and yes we were hit with all that flooding. Yes we're still effected and I apologize for being MIA for a while here. Still trying to adjust around here. Hope all is well with everyone's tanks I'll try to get online sooner than last time :)

Hi Mel, I've been wondering how things are for you? Sorry to hear you lost one of your discus and a glass cat :( it sounds like you've had your hands full.
Nice to hear your babies are doing well and growing post pics love to see them!
Lesley

Aw! I'm sorry for your losses :( and flooding! What a shame :( Americas had quite a lot of severe weather issues this year hasn't it :/ hope everything is sorted soon and you can get back to normal. My thoughts are with you. Suddenly the fact that my tank is drowning in cyanobacteria doesn't seem such a major issue.

Back
Top Bottom