mmy tank is cycled whats next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noob2saltH20

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so my tank is cycled. 0 amonia 0 nirite and 10 nitrate. ishould I do a water change now? If so just a normal 20 percent? Also I was thinking off going. To get a clean up crew tomorrow and ideas on some good ones?

normal waterchanges are 10%-15% but its always good to do a PWC every other week atleast, its recommended you do one every week though

Sounds good. You are ready for fish. What kind would you like to add? Start with a relativly small clean up crew since new tanks take a little while to build up something for them to eat. As the tank gets more algae you can slowly add more CUC until you reach a nice equlibrium.

So I added 3 blue hermits and a snail. The three crabs have stayed in the same spot for the last 12 hours rarelymoving. The snail has moved some but has become less active. My sg is .25 the same as my lfs but I still aclamated them for 30 min. My temp is 75 atm I have a heater that is preset I'm thinking maybe my water is too cold. If its not is it normal for them to act in this way?

Back
Top Bottom