Molly Obsessed with new Gold Nugget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koko93s

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

I've been lurking here for a while, big thanks for all the help you all didn't know you gave me! :brows:

I have a situation going on between my lone molly and my new Gold Nugget Pleco. I'm not worried, just curious if anyone has seen this before or have any ideas what is going on or if Stella(gn) should get a restraining order.

I had a small group of molly for a while and all but one died (Silver fish - his name, my 5 year old names all the fish). Silver has been doing wonderfully by himself with the other fish in the tank.

A week ago we introduced a Gold Nugget pleco to the tank. Since then, Silver has been following her around. He is definitely not harassing her or anything, he merely shadows her every move when she is out of hiding. That was until last night when my wife sent me the attached picture....

Silver found out where Stella was hiding and has moved in with her. I have a triangular piece of slate supported by 3 rocks as sort of a makeshift cave and Silver spends his time in the cave with Stella when she's there. It's actually kind of cute and Stella does not seem bothered by this (she barely seems to notice him, poor fella).

Just wanted to share/laugh/seek insight/whatever. (y)

Thanks!

Jason

Attachments

• silver&stella.jpg
    silver&stella.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom