Monte Carlo Carpet Conditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfreyberger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently set up a new 15 gallon freshwater tank and I'm hoping to grow a carpet of Monte Carlo. I'm using the 16-watt wave point micro sun LED high output clamp light, and a combo of seachem black flourite and aquasolum black humate for substrate. I'm trying to avoid using CO2 if possible, but I'm dosing flourish excel every day. Will Monte Carlo be able to grow in these conditions? If so, how quickly will it spread? IMG_1184.JPG

I recently set up a new 15 gallon freshwater tank and I'm hoping to grow a carpet of Monte Carlo. I'm using the 16-watt wave point micro sun LED high output clamp light, and a combo of seachem black flourite and aquasolum black humate for substrate. I'm trying to avoid using CO2 if possible, but I'm dosing flourish excel every day. Will Monte Carlo be able to grow in these conditions? If so, how quickly will it spread? View attachment 293691

Should grow fine, spread will be fairly slow if your not injecting co2 but it will carpet eventually. I'd say a few months maybe? Regular trimming will also encourage it to spread(cut the tops off and it should spread sideways)

Should grow fine, spread will be fairly slow if your not injecting co2 but it will carpet eventually. I'd say a few months maybe? Regular trimming will also encourage it to spread(cut the tops off and it should spread sideways)

If I wanted to expedite the process how much would a CO2 system for a tank this size cost me?

I just purchased a paintball co2 system for my 5 gallon. Here's a price rough breakdown: diffuser $5-10, paintball tank $20, aquatek mini co2 regulator $85, co2 tubing $7, and drop checker $15. So overall, somewhere around $130. I've had this set up for a couple weeks now and it's all working great. I've also got Monte Carlo carpeting, and it's pretty close to being done carpeting after about 20 days. It's spread to cover most the area, but still has to thicken. I've also got a finnex planted plus, so that helps. I've seen Monte Carlo carpet nicely with diy co2 also. You could always cut out the co2 after it's carpeted and just dose excel.

Back
Top Bottom