Monthly Photo Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you have a photo that you prize? Are you a little shutter bug when it comes to your aquarium? If so then this contest is for you.

Every month we will have a contest where you (the members) can submit photos you feel are the "cream of the crop". Submit your photos by personal message to reefrunner69 or fishfreek. For OT entries send to lmw80. The Aquarium Advice staff will review each and every entry and select half a dozen as finalists.

We will then run a 1 week poll where you and your fellow members can vote on which photo you feel is the best of the best. The winner will then get displayed on the front page of the site for one month.

To be considered for the contest please read the rules to this contest

RULES:

• -All photos must be original photos taken by you or photos of your tank. (please do not submit photos of another persons tank unless you have gotten written permission from them to do so. If you do please include this written permission with your submittal)
    -All photos must be submitted in .jpg format and should be limited in size to 800x600 or 600X800 depending on layout and a file size no larger than 250KB.
    -All submissions should include the common name and scientific name of the subject contained within the frame.
    -All submissions should also include helpful information relating to the background of the subject, care requirments, etc.
    -Only 1 photo submission per month per member.
    -The current photo of the month winner must sit out for a period of one contest.
    -No photo manipulations, all editing should effect all pixels equally.

Effective 11/02 the Photo contest has been modified to allow for seperate freshwater and saltwater contests. Please see the below info on how these changes affect the contest.

There are to be three contests each month.

One for saltwater photos, one for freshwater photos and one for OT Photos.

If you have both fresh and saltwater tanks you are permitted to post 1 photo in each contest per month.

The rules for the photos above are the same. The submissions will close 1 week prior to the close of the month for saltwater and the freshwater submissions will close on the last day of the month (effective with the Jan 2003 contest).
A poll will be placed on the main page for a period of 1 week to vote on the photos submitted.

At the conclusion of that poll the winner will be announced and a "thumbnail" will be placed on the main page linking to a separate page including the 800x600 photo that was submitted, detailed info on the photo and on the subject mater contained within the photo per the rules above.

Photo contest winners will recive 100 Kudos points.

Any and ALL photos relating to aquaria are accepted for photo submission. So if you have a saltwater, freshwater, or pond you can be included in the contest.

All submissions should include the following information:

• -Type of camera (Make, Model, Digital or Film (if film what kind))
    - What shutter, ISO, aperture settings, was macro used

With this information we can help out other aspiring photographers to obtain the results that other members are getting.

I would like to submit a photo but i dont know how to do it ?

OT entry is usually a sticky in the lounge. If you don't see it, like roger says, just pm me.

Your never to late. If your submission is not made in time for the contest thats comming up it will automaticly be entered in the following months contest.

a kudo is a point that you earn everytime you make a post or a new topic...i think? lol i believe you get 2 for a new topic and one for a post...something like that :fadein:
PM fishfreek, she'll explain it better than i can! :Fade-color

Back
Top Bottom