Montipora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought this new montipora piece yesterday and I looked great so I woke up this morning and my turbo snail knocked it over so I tried to glue it to a Rock and it broke, should I try to glue back on the the actual montipora piece it self or should I glue it to a different rock altogether, also how fast do they heal and grow

Glue the main piece where you want it and glue the broken piece to a frag disk or rock rubble and you have yourself a monti frag :) also growth will depend on the monti and the environment you give it but they can grow nearly an inch a month under perfect conditions.

Oh ok cool, but can u actually glue the frag back to the main piece and if I do will it actually heal and incrust over the glue

Ya it would. First you would probably see a little tissue recession where you glue it on both pieces but over a few weeks it will re encrust over it but it'll more then likely leave a "seam" of growth. I think fragging it would be the better idea. Then you could either grow the new frag out to a size that you can frag it into a bunch of pieces and make your money back that you spent on the monti or trade the small frag for a new piece to a local reefer.

Cool yeah ill prob grow it out, so when it comes to lighting and placement where should i place it, I placed it kind of high in the tank

That more or less depends on the equipment you have. (lighting and amount of flow) but montis do good on the higher range of both.

Back
Top Bottom