Moonlights - Insane snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
edit: The moonlights are not as bright as the picture makes them seem to be. It is a long exposure with no flash, plus the entire back of my tank is a bubble curtains so the lit up bubbles moving up the back in the long exposure increased the light a lot. The light is actually very dim and soft and it is not easy to see a fish you have to look.

Okay I did the moonlight thing. I collect catfish and never get to enjoy my fish it seems. They had 2 blue and I wanted 3. I ended up with 2 blue and 1 red. It looks nice and the red is in the middle where the feeding zone is for them so them not seeing that light it works out wonderful!

However, I have a complete insane mystery snail (brig)! He went straight for one of the blue lights, knocked it off the glass (suction cup) and then sat on it. He was lit up blue and was pretty funny, later on I removed him from the light and put him to the bottom. In the picture you can see him heading up the glass and he went back to the light! This snail sits on the heater at times too, and will just sit on the bubble curtain for hours. He is nuts.

My 75gl I plan to do a DIY and put the LEDs in the light fixture etc. This is just a test with suction cup ones on my 55gl and I love it so far.

Hard to get a pic with tetra swimming in circles! The tetra seem to find comfort in the light and are staying close to the surface. The clown loaches are playing, the nocturnal fish are out and about :) The snails obviousy dig the light.

img_817372_0_03f63d0f695655649321376c10e990f9.jpg

I got them at Petsmart. They are Marina LED light sets. It didnt require me wiring them in to my lights etc. I have the hub in the back and turn it on as I turn the big lights off. Works well for a testing phase for me to see if I like them.

I am leaving the moonlights on when the big lights are off. Nice having my tank lit up at all times now.

Thats awesome! I have yoyo loaches and when I turn off my lights I hear them absolutely digging and going nuts. I even hear splashes at times! So petsmart huh? I gotta see if my petsmart as those! Very cool!

How much? And how are they mounted? Didnt quite understand... :D

Those are the marina lights probably, they can actually mount underwater and use suction cups. They aren't too expansive, but you need to buy the lights and a hub.

Back
Top Bottom