Moray eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My angel died :( just a few minutes ago. I don't know what could have been wrong he has been doing wonderful eating, color was finally coming in. This morning when I fed everyone he didn't eat I figured he wasn't hungry then he was coming to the top acting like he couldn't breathe and just went limp started floating around the tank in circles so I took him out put him in clean water then did water change on tank. I let the tank settle for a minute and put him back he floated to the bottom by a plant and died. I have no clue what is an angelfish life span?
I agree with steez that having the test kit is pivotal in understanding the dynamics and welfare of your tanks. Angels can live over a decade. I am really sorry he died. :nono:
I will say too that baby angels tend to not always be very hardy. They can be sensitive to wter conditions, and some people have bad luck with them.

Chasnkevin4ever said:
My angel died :( just a few minutes ago. I don't know what could have been wrong he has been doing wonderful eating, color was finally coming in. This morning when I fed everyone he didn't eat I figured he wasn't hungry then he was coming to the top acting like he couldn't breathe and just went limp started floating around the tank in circles so I took him out put him in clean water then did water change on tank. I let the tank settle for a minute and put him back he floated to the bottom by a plant and died. I have no clue what is an angelfish life span?

Fresh water? Whats that mean? This is why a test kit is needed. Most likely, your ammonia or nitrite was high. Is the tank cycled? Or is it cycling?

And absoluteangel thanks for all the research u have done for me I really appreciAte it alot. I am just going to stick with what I got until I get the bigger tanks set up correctly and have the correct tests. I don't think I could stand to lose another one.

And absoluteangel thanks for all the research u have done for me I really appreciAte it alot. I am just going to stick with what I got until I get the bigger tanks set up correctly and have the correct tests. I don't think I could stand to lose another one.
No prob. Yeah, I get pretty upset when I lose 1 as well. When you have your bigger tanks set up, your fishes will be very happy I am sure. :)

Definitely don't buy more fish.

I think the best thing that you could do for them is give us all a DETAILED list of your tanks. Including: Size of tank, list of fish, filter.

This will allow us to help you. We can determine which fish will work, and which won't.

Even if you have plans to upgrade tanks, list them out and tell us what you are planning on upgrading to.

Structure the list well for us.

The water temp was same I know that can shock and kill them

Fish also need to adapt to water parameters too. Just like bringing fish home from the store, you have to not only adjust them to temp, but to the exact quality of your water.

Yea it just breaks my heart cuz I was misinformed about them all. Next before I decide to get a fish I will get on here first and ask. I will never believe petsmart, etc ever again they just wanna make money they don't care about the fish. That's so sad. The world needs more people like us who care for the fish. I put pics on my profile if y'all wanna go check out my babies my angel is on there too.

Definitely don't buy more fish.

I think the best thing that you could do for them is give us all a DETAILED list of your tanks. Including: Size of tank, list of fish, filter.

This will allow us to help you. We can determine which fish will work, and which won't.

Even if you have plans to upgrade tanks, list them out and tell us what you are planning on upgrading to.

Structure the list well for us.
She already did that on a different thread. She has bigger tanks on the way really soon for every single fish. :)

Yea it just breaks my heart cuz I was misinformed about them all. Next before I decide to get a fish I will get on here first and ask. I will never believe petsmart, etc ever again they just wanna make money they don't care about the fish. That's so sad. The world needs more people like us who care for the fish. I put pics on my profile if y'all wanna go check out my babies my angel is on there too.

Most all of us have been through it. I had a 20g tank with Angel, 2 Gourami, Pictus, Oscar, Bichir Eel, 3 Tetras, 1 CAE.

That above tank is an absolute nightmare, but Petco told me "Oh yea that'll work!". INSANE!! My angel died in about 5 days. Of course the tank wasn't cycled.

I found this site about a week after I had that tank up, now my Oscar / Bichir share a nice big tank. I had to put tons of work into it, 2 water changes a day for over a month, but it was worth it to make sure they were healthy. I rehomed everything else. It's just a live and learn thing, but IMO the best option is to rehome them. I hate seeing dead fish :(

She already did that on a different thread. She has bigger tanks on the way really soon for every single fish. :)

Oh ok, absolutangel is one of the greats on this site, so if you tell me that it's under control, I'll take your word for it!

Again god okay me and absoluteangel talked about it alot. Right now
Twenty gallon blue hap, yellow lab, pearl, and plecto.
Ten gallon Dino bichir and ram cichlid
Fifteen gallon 1-1.5 g.tile moray eel and one female one male dalamation mollies

Plans to upgrade
125 gallon blue hap, yellow lab and two females
30 gallon moray eel and mollies
And I think we decided 70g pearl and bichir

Again god okay me and absoluteangel talked about it alot. Right now
Twenty gallon blue hap, yellow lab, pearl, and plecto.
Ten gallon Dino bichir and ram cichlid
Fifteen gallon 1-1.5 g.tile moray eel and one female one male dalamation mollies

Plans to upgrade
125 gallon blue hap, yellow lab and two females
30 gallon moray eel and mollies
And I think we decided 70g pearl and bichir

Sorry, absolut told me that it was under control. I didn't see your other thread :(

But.. sounds like you're going to have some sweet tanks in the near future.

I'm not rehoming any of my fish! I have the means to take care of them and I hate seeing dead fish too especially if they are mine. I love my fish and will do what I have too so they r happy.

Most all of us have been through it. I had a 20g tank with Angel, 2 Gourami, Pictus, Oscar, Bichir Eel, 3 Tetras, 1 CAE.

That above tank is an absolute nightmare, but Petco told me "Oh yea that'll work!". INSANE!! My angel died in about 5 days. Of course the tank wasn't cycled.

I found this site about a week after I had that tank up, now my Oscar / Bichir share a nice big tank. I had to put tons of work into it, 2 water changes a day for over a month, but it was worth it to make sure they were healthy. I rehomed everything else. It's just a live and learn thing, but IMO the best option is to rehome them. I hate seeing dead fish :(
Wow, they told you that was all fine in a 20? That might go on the list of the worst advice I have ever seen from a petstore! DANG!

And yeah, the other thread was in a different section, so no worries. I think I researched for like 2.5 hours and I called up a few of my other fish keeping friends for input. But yeah, she will have AWESOME tanks pretty soon. I would love the space for a bichir tank!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. At least I fixed it quick, I would of been really angry if it hurt my oscar or eel.

Very odd combination, Tiger Oscar and my Bichir Eel. The eel is crazy, he swims around so much...he will even go right up to the oscars mouth and the Oscar leaves him be. (I know he's an aggressive oscar because I tried putting another one in there with him, back when I first got the bigger tank, and he wanted nothing to do with it. I had to rehome the 2nd oscar within 2 days. He also makes my Pleco hide at all times during the day)

Back
Top Bottom