More fish needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 14 gallon tank and have the following fish

2 dwarf gouramis
2 marble angels
2 snails
And a Amano shrimp
I want something bright and a bottom dweller. My fish tend to stay at the top. I also might get a few more shrimp. What could I get?

Well, first you'll need to remove the angels. If you look up full grown angels you'll see they get much too large for a 14 gallon, and once they reach breeding age if they pair off they'll harass or kill mostly everything in that tiny tank.

You could try oto catfish, or maybe a small group of cory or pygmy Cory catfish

Corys are good bottom dwellers. Most tetras are stay in the middle portion of the tank. You have to take out the angels, they get far too big. I recommend:
celestial pearl danios
ember tetras
neon tetras
some of the pygmy corydoras species:
corydoras pygmaeus (pygmy cory)
corydoras habrosus (dwarf cory)
corydoras hastatus (dainty cory)

I have no idea how I remember that ^^^
I don't even have corys!

Corys are good bottom dwellers. Most tetras are stay in the middle portion of the tank. You have to take out the angels, they get far too big. I recommend:
celestial pearl danios
ember tetras
neon tetras
some of the pygmy corydoras species:
corydoras pygmaeus (pygmy cory)
corydoras habrosus (dwarf cory)
corydoras hastatus (dainty cory)

I have no idea how I remember that ^^^
I don't even have corys!

Lol, probably lots of aquarium advice reading

Agree with the advice to rehome the angels. I'd also rehome a gourami unless you're sure both aren't males. One really pretty bottom-ish dweller is the peacock gudgeon. I'd skip the platy unless you want another fish up top.

Everyone has already mentioned the Angels, so I wont..

GBR's would be a cool addition. Probably just a single male/female since a pair would probably end up being aggressive in such a small tank near breeding just like angels would. They are very nice additions though, they aren't strictly on the bottom, they generally stay on the bottom 1/3 of the tank and will add a nice pop of color to that area.

Dwarf cories would be cool too.

Try to stay away from OTO's, they are schooling species and eat practically 24/7, so in such a small tank and in a proper school, they'd run out of algea to eat faster than your tank could grow it and most won't eat wafers.

Back
Top Bottom