more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishnova

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday my betta was being really aggressive; so I bought him a 5 gallon hexagon all to himself. I now have a lighter bioload, is it possible to add three snails? I was thinking assassin, but I am open to all suggestions!

Oops, forgot to mention some info...
Ten gallon aquarium, with five pristella tetras, ten red cherry shrimp.
Aquaclear 20, 50% pwc every two days. A lot of plants, too!

Well, if you have algae in your tank, you could go with a nerite snail. You might could add in some a couple guppies if you wanted something towards the top of the tank. Maybe a Dwarf Gourami if you aren't into guppies.

If I can have three guppies, I would be more than happy!!!!

Have you tested your water? Do you know what the nitrates are? If they are staying pretty low, I would definitely say you could have 3 medium sized guppies. I didn't realize there were different size varieties until I saw some giants at the LFS yesterday!

Oh, the females were 2+ inches and as big around as my index finger. Maybe bigger, they were definitely the largest guppies I had ever seen.

They sound huge, and I have small fingers.

Also if you get any female guppies you will end up with babies. LOL
If you don't want babies just get all males. That is better because males are smaller.
If you do want babies, get two females and one male, and make sure you have a tank for fry because the parents will eat them. And you'll need to get rid of the fry some how.

Shouldn't be a problem. My DG inspected the shrimp at first, but he soon found out that they are too fast for him! He quit bothering them about an hour after I added the shrimp. At one time I had about a dozen Ghost Shrimp in a 10g with my DG.

Back
Top Bottom