More problems with my blind fish, Othello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GNarnian

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, about a month or so ago, I posted about my black moored goldfish who had been attacked and lost his eyes. Well he's in a different tank and happy now... or was.

Maybe this is just me being paranoid and worrying over nothing, but somehow he managed to catch and eat a ghost shrimp. How, I have no idea! I noticed because the antenna are still sticking out of hos mouth. He can't seem to swallow it or spit it out, and when I gave it a tug, it wouldn't budge. I don't know if part of it tore his mouth or something, but there seems to be some kind of antenna sticking out of the bottom if his mouth as well.

Can I do something to help him, or should I let him try to fix it himself?

Hi! My guys eat ghost shrimp all the time but I have never had this happen. How is he doing right now? Is it still stuck?

Thankfully I didn't see it this morning. But there is a hole in his bottom jaw. More like a puncture or small tear. He's swimming around and doing his fishy things. I'm at work so hopefully when I get back home he'll be good. I'll fast him to make sure it clears.

Keep his water clean & give him veggies. He should be fine! I am amazed though he was able to catch a shrimp blind! :)

He's still doing good!
And That's what I said. I've got some dare-devil super fish over here or something. He'll share algae wafers with the shrimp and they don't hide, maybe they felt safe.

Thats good to hear!! I guess he was a bit hungry & decided the algae wafers werent cutting it.... lol

Haha well he eats like a fish with 4 eyes instead of two! I always watch him eat and he seems to have no issues finding the sinking fish pellets. He'll just cruise along the bottom and go to town

Back
Top Bottom