More Tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJSerik

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I have a Biocube 29 and it's going great. Only problem is, I think I might need another tank! Unfortunately, my parents won't allow it even if I pay for it entirely. Any way anybody can think of to convince them? Thanks!

So, I have a Biocube 29 and it's going great. Only problem is, I think I might need another tank! Unfortunately, my parents won't allow it even if I pay for it entirely. Any way anybody can think of to convince them? Thanks!

Is it because they don't want to make room for the new tank?

Not sure why, it's the, "because I said so" thing. We have tons of room for one.

Say that it's for learning proper time management and care of multiple living organisms. With 2 tanks, gotta be able to manage your time and be able to split your attention between the 2. Sell it as a very important life lesson.

Say that it's for learning proper time management and care of multiple living organisms. With 2 tanks, gotta be able to manage your time and be able to split your attention between the 2. Sell it as a very important life lesson.

+1 yeah give that a try.

If you can only keep one then why not say your fish are outgrowing your tank and you need a bigger one. Then once the new one has been set up, make your current one a 'hospital tank' and claim its needed.

I remember when i set up my first tank, my mum refused to have fish what so ever, after the 20 the 30 followed then a 65long.then a 55g. So from being told i couldnt have any i ended up with 4. Just bide your time, if you only just set up the tank you have afew months ago maybe its alittle too soon and in time, as you get older they may change their mind.

Last edited:
Tell them it's better that you are at home taking care of the tanks then out running the streets and doing things you shouldn't. You want to do one as a family and they should show interested in something you like and it's something to do to bring you together.. :)

My parents like having the tank but that's it, also they wouldn't care for it when I leave for college. I guess I understand but obviously it's not fun :p

So talking to my dad, he brings up custom tanks. He asks me all about maintenance, then asks how much a 1000 gallon with corals would cost. I was crazy excited when I ask why, and he smirks. I thought I was getting a massive tank. Then he starts cracking up and says no way. It was funny, but cruel. Very, very cruel.

So talking to my dad, he brings up custom tanks. He asks me all about maintenance, then asks how much a 1000 gallon with corals would cost. I was crazy excited when I ask why, and he smirks. I thought I was getting a massive tank. Then he starts cracking up and says no way. It was funny, but cruel. Very, very cruel.

Lol a thousand gallon reef, when i saw the cost tally after some calculations i would of cracked up myself... and then cried.

I convinced my wife to get another tank because I made it aquaponics. It requires more effort and customization on your part, but it is pretty cool, and she thought that growing a small herb garden in the house was cool too. :)

Back
Top Bottom