More terrible luck....what a surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my plague of bad luck with fish continues...... some of you may have read my post a few weeks back bout getting a vlamingi tang. Well I had in in a 25-30g rubbermaid contanter. I had a small whisper filter and a small marineland filter on the container. The biowheel was froma cycled tank and I had a sock of ceramiic rings that were in a cycled tank. Everything was great for 2 and half weeks. The fish was eating flakes soaked in vitamins and nori. I regularly test for amonia/nitrie and do water changes whenver amonia becomes visible. Well yesterday the fish wasn't interested in food so I tested the water and amonia was .1 or less and no visible nitrite so I figure I'll do a 7g water change anyway. BTW all the water is taken from my 110g tank. This morningI wake up to find the fish dead :cry: No visible signs of disease or parasites...... I"m so frustrated at this point I think I'm done buying fish. Within the past several weeks I"ve more problems with fish as well:

6 ilne wrasse in QT for 5 weeks. Eating acting normal, introduce tomy 110, saw him that night and never again.

Filamanted flasher wrasse, in QT for 5+ weeks, treated w/ nitrofurzone becasue of white fuzzy patch. Left him in QT anther 2 weeks to make sure he was ok. Introduced to my 110g ate and swam around great for 3 days, haven't seen him in 3 days now.

Female lyretail anthias in at for 2 weeks, eating vitamin packed mysis, dies for unknow reasons.

Fire clown and little Cross's damsel in QT for 5 weeks together. Figured they would be okay to acclimate in the same container to my 110g.....WRONG, fire clown killed and ate half the damsel in the 2 hours or so they were dripping.

All my corals and clams are doing great with the excetion of my 8x10" pacth of xenia that a falling powderhead pretty much destroyed and my stylophora that fell onto one of my gonioporas.

What am I doing wrong here???????

BTW everything in my 110 is doing great which includes
yellow tang
Blue devil damsel
Gold stripe maroon clown
Hector's goby
8 various clams
15 or so soft corals
30 or so hard corals

The fish have come from various pet stores so it's not likely I"m getting a bad supply of fish.

Are you getting your fish from the same store, could be cyanide caught fish. If the other fish are doing great I would look into the fish purchases.

That sucks. I have had similar luck with fish too. I pretty much stick to corals these days. Everything is ok on those :)

ellisz said:
That sucks. I have had similar luck with fish too. I pretty much stick to corals these days. Everything is ok on those :)

That's what I plan on doing.....don't think I'll be buying another fish for a long long long long time......

Back
Top Bottom