More than a month later - still cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scorer14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:banghead: Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and need some help. I have a 20 gallon tank that I purchased around 6 weeks ago. I set it all up and ran it for a week before adding fish. I had amonia and nitrate issues with the water for a month. I started performing 20% water changes every two days. Today I tested the water and PH is 7.5, no amonia present, nitrate and nitrites are the lowest on the test chart. However I still have cloudy hazy water. It looks like I have fine particals floating in the water. I have a Fluval filter system (which is only about 5 days old - old one broke) an air pump and heater. I have 5 live plants, 8 guppies, 2 drawf frogs, 2 platties and 3 female betta. Just lost an algae eater today. So it seems like the water issues are resolved but how do I clear the water up so I can enjoy the colour and beauty of my fish.

Thanks
Scorer14:fish2:

Sounds like you are halfway done with your cycle. Keep up the PWCs. The cloudiness is a bacteria bloom. That is a good thing. What are your readings exactly?

Thanks, I will do another water change tomorrow. I was wondering if changing the water every other day was doing more harm than good. PH is 7.5, ammonia was 0, nitrite was.1 and nitrate was 5 (using the nutrafin master kit)​

:banghead: Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and need some help. I have a 20 gallon tank that I purchased around 6 weeks ago. I set it all up and ran it for a week before adding fish. I had amonia and nitrate issues with the water for a month. I started performing 20% water changes every two days. Today I tested the water and PH is 7.5, no amonia present, nitrate and nitrites are the lowest on the test chart. However I still have cloudy hazy water. It looks like I have fine particals floating in the water. I have a Fluval filter system (which is only about 5 days old - old one broke) an air pump and heater. I have 5 live plants, 8 guppies, 2 drawf frogs, 2 platties and 3 female betta. Just lost an algae eater today. So it seems like the water issues are resolved but how do I clear the water up so I can enjoy the colour and beauty of my fish.

Thanks
Scorer14:fish2:

Do you have any issues with the beta's attacking each other or your other fish?

Sorry for straying off topic.

My females have never attacked any of the other fish including the fancy guppies. Honestly it was couple of Danios that were attacking the guppies, so back they went to the store.

Back
Top Bottom