More than one Anemone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbone13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a Super Colored Long Tentacle Anemone yeasterday and it looks awesome:dance:. I was hope to be able to add a Purple Long Tentacle Anemone. Now when I asked the LFS owner he said yes it shouldn't be a problem. But I didn't get a good vibe from him. Is he just try'n to make a few more bucks by just sell'n me the Anemone or is he right by say'n it's okay?

I know I've been lucky in the past when I introduce species that normaly don't get along into the same tank. But that was before I knew what I know now from read'n thethreads and ask'n questions on this site. I'll normally ask the owners questions I know just to see if they are shady or not. But this time I really didn't have the answer and the one I got from him didn't seem like he was be'n genuine.

Now I had a Zebra anemone for about 2 years and then added a Purple Long Tentacle Anemone a few weeks ago. Then Tradgedy struck :facepalm: (Long story for another time and another thread). And the tradgedy had noth'n to do with the Anemones. So I realy don't know from my own experiance if it would have worked cuz a few days isn't enough time to gauge if it would have worked.

So I'm hope'n you guys will set me straight and give me the low down on if this is possible to pull off without harm'n the anemones or the other guys in the tank. By the way it's a 75 gal tank with 90+ lbs of live rock.

I wish i could help. :-D I only had one nem once and I couldnt deal with the stress so I took him back. i would be up all night I think if I had two. lol

LTA's get huge. 2 will take up virtually the entire 75g tank.

I figured that but by that time I was hope'n to be in a bigger place and have a much bigger tank. Right now I'm in a condo (Not much longer Hopefully) and the one I have is about a little bigger than golf ball size. How long does it take for them to start grow'n to the foot long size I been hear'n about?:confused: And at one of the LFS I go to once in a blue moon he has one that covers the bottom of a 45 gal bow front and it looks awesome. The clownfish that are in it look like they couldn't be happier.:fish2:

I would call other LFS and see who says yes or no the most, then look it up on line, or just wait till you move and play it safe.

LTA's grow fast. Mine got to 12"+ in less than 2 years.

Best to keep these critters in the ocean where they can live as long as us (???)

LTA's grow fast. Mine got to 12"+ in less than 2 years.

Best to keep these critters in the ocean where they can live as long as us (???)

I understand you're point but the same can be said for any fish or coral or invert we keep cooped up in a tank just so we can look at.:fish2:And hurt'n any of the aquatic life I have or hope to have is the last thing I want to do. What I'm try'n to say is I agree with you but I also feel that the LTA I do have now is gonna get my best shot at give'n it the best chance to survive happily for as long as it can by stay'n dilligent and ask'n as many questions as I can and do'n what has to be done. That goes for all my fish. If I didn't buy it some other chooch would have and he might have got it without know'n what kind of effort it takes. He might have got it just cuz it looks cool. Whatever the case I'm gonna do my best and thanks for all the great info and input.(y)

Back
Top Bottom