Most aggresive fw fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BozziniINC

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just curious whats the most aggresive fw fish u can own?

Well that depends on where you live, states have different laws for what fish you can have. If would say a snakehead would have to be pretty high on the list.

I would think wolf fish or a piranna. Also some cichlids can get pretty nasty.

The most ouright aggressive I've ever seen was a flowerhorn cichlid. It would charge the glass when anyone walked by. I have no idea how you could even scarpe algae without the thing bloodying you up. Snakeheads will try to eat almost anything though...

Giant/red snakehead without a doubt, you can't even put your hand in the tank of a large 1 without the risk of loosing a finger! Amazing and dangerous fish but need lots of respect and a sensible owner.

I love it the rep oscars get. My oscar is by far my favorite fish and isnt aggresive. Ive had mollies more aggresive

fahaka puffers are ment to be pritty agro too, well there lazy but nothing elce can go in the tank

How aggresive are red tailed catfish? One day i would like to build a BIG pond and put one in it

Are you considering setting up an aggressive tank? If so and you have a large enough one to house a wolf fish or one of the snakehead species imo these two fish are at the top of the list.

BozziniINC said:
How aggresive are red tailed catfish? One day i would like to build a BIG pond and put one in it

Red tail cats are not aggressive at all but they will eat anything they can fit in their mouths so that limits what else can go in the a lot because them and there mouths get huge! And it will have to be a BIG pond, I am planning a 3000-5000 gallon tank next year just to own 1 of the beasties :) Amazing fish but unfortunately very very few find their way to a good home :(

Oh man if that hornet cichlid was peaceful. Id buy it in a heartbeat

Elong P's or black P. both are NASTY as they get.

As stated dovii, devils, jags, grammode, butti.

I'm going to be doing a Elong in my new 125, kinda worried about if I could do tankmates. Might decide a 1/3 of the tank just to keep cons as feeders in there for him.

Wolf fish are like O's to me, only nasty when feeding.

Pure aggression it's gotta be the larger CA cichlids or black piranha verities.

Back
Top Bottom